“Driving your business forward in Latin America”. “Dissecting the 3PL-Customer relationship”. “Overcoming infrastructure challenges to optimize your network”. “Unlocking the potential of e-Commerce & Omnichannel”. “Tackling the talent shortage”.
Sounds good right? It does! And if you are anywhere near São Paulo August 11 & 12 you should visit the 3PL Summit & Chief Supply Chain Officer Forum which eft are organizing in São Paulo. LogisticsMatter has been a Media Partner of the eft 3PL Summit in Europe since 5 years ago, and I have enjoyed the event every time. I’m sorry to say that can’t make it to Brasil this year, but don’t let that stop you!
Event Director Sophie Farrow on the event and the Latin America region:
“Latin America boasts a vast array of natural resources and internal consumption is flourishing. The region now features heavily in the global manufacturing strategy of many large international corporations and is attracting significant foreign finance. Despite the slowing growth, genuine investment opportunities still remain. This is the ideal opportunity for senior executives in the logistics and supply chain industry to come together to discuss how they can take advantage of some of the game-changers.”
The event very much aims to bring 3PL providers and their (potential) customers together to discuss what is important to both of them. Both sides of the equation are discussed openly and honestly.
Some of the topics that will be discussed:
- Examine how population growth and demographic changes can be more important for logistics providers and supply chain than economic growth
- Examine who should be responsible for innovation in your 3PL-customer relationship and who should pay for it – best gainsharing models uncovered
- Analyse the role of technology in 3PL-customer relationships – how will this impact flexibility and velocity in the future?
- Get the facts on public-private partnerships and what changes you can expect in the logistics and supply chain sector – will this have a negative impact on railway and airport operations?
- Guarantee customer retention by preparing your current distribution model for multiple delivery options including next day, Sunday deliveries and later cut off times – what are the true costs to serve and what is the right delivery proposition for your business?
- How can you achieve the customer expectation of free delivery and even same day delivery and how can 3PLs enable this to happen
- Collaboration: identify how your company can work together with industry associations, academic institutes and career fairs to attract the best talent
- Know exactly where your business stands in the S&OP maturity scale and determine how your position compares to your competitors
- See how you can make the best use of the Internet of Things (IoT) to enhance your visibility and stimulate your decision making processes
These are just some of the highlights. Please find the full agenda here.